POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparency maps : Re: Transparency maps Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparency maps
From: Josh English
Date: 30 Nov 2000 12:59:58
Message: <3A26959E.326A719F@spiritone.com>
You're doing fine, Dawn, but your answer was a little incomplete.  Adobe Photoshop
saves the first alpha channel data into PNG format as well, and I beleive Paint Shop
Pro does, but I haven't used it.

Another thing to note is that the first that you try it you might find the background
shows up, but part you want to keep is hollow, and to fix it you need to reverse the
alpha channel of the image.

Josh

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac